Body Transformation: Rashidat Owe Body Transformation
Lifestyle Prior To Change
Ha! Eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep, work…
What was your low point or turning point?
My low point was when I stepped on the scale and couldn’t see the numbers because my belly was in the way. I could not stand seeing 222lbs. I started to be REAL with myself and had to do something about it.
Were there any unique challenges or circumstances that made your transformation particularly difficult?
YES! MY MOTHER! I love her to death but she loves to cook southern style food “my favorite” and she makes me come see her on a weekly basis. I had to distant myself from family for a while and that was difficult because they didn’t understand.
- Transformation Start: I started 2/2010.
- Milestone: 6/2010 people started asking me my secrets on my diet. Yeepee!
- Transformation End: There is never an end! Constantly reinventing myself.
Rashidat’s Training And Cardio Approach
What was your weight training approach and split during your transformation?
My approach was to start slow and get a trainer before I hurt myself.
Please detail your cardio approach during your transformation?
I started slow with cardio, 20 minutes light jog and gradually increased in 5 min. increments weekly.
Please list 3 things you learned about exercise, weight training and/or cardio during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- I learned you that in order to lose weight properly your diet has to be on point as well
- Take a rest day for heaven’s sake.
- Protein helps rebuild the muscle after you tear it up weight training.
How are you currently training, and has your training changed since the completion of your transformation?
I am now lifting heavier than ever before. I start of really heavy and pyramid down.
Rashidat’s Diet And Nutrition Approach
What was your diet/nutrition approach during your transformation?
My approach for eating was NO PROCESSED FOODS! I eat clean 90% of the time.
Can you provide us with a sample eating plan (please be specific):
- Breakfast 730 – 8am – ½ cut of dry oatmeal ”yes dry” w/ small handful of dried cranberries, 5 egg whites, 1 regular egg with 1/2 cup of fresh spinach.
- Snack 1030 am – Small green apple with 1/2tbs of almond butter.
- Lunch 12-1230 pm – 4oz chicken breast and ½ cup of green veggies, ½ cup of brown rice.
- Snack 2 pm – ½ cucumber and 7 cherry tomatoes.
- Pre-workout meal 5 pm – 4oz chicken breast and ½ cup of dry oatmeal.
- After workout meal – 6 egg whites, fruit.
Were there any diet/nutrition mistakes you made that you learned from?
Yes, not taking in enough protein with the amount of weight training I was doing. Also, I wasn’t drinking enough water.
Please list 3 things you learned about diet & nutrition during your transformation that helped you succeed:
- Drinking a gallon of water a day.
- Packing my lunch everyday and preparing my meals the night before.
- Eating 5-6 times a day!
Did you allow yourself cheat meals?
Not in the beginning, I didn’t cheat for the first 6 months.
What supplements did you use during your transformation?
Advice For Others
What are your best 3 tips for someone looking to make their own transformation?
- Prepare your meals and PACK A LUNCH! Invest in a Lunch box!
- Drink lots of water and stay away from refined SUGAR!
- Set goals and treat yourself every time you succeed.
How do you stay motivated? What advice would you give to someone who’s having trouble staying on track?
READ! It is empowering!
More From Rashidat Owe
What is your life like now that you’ve made a transformation?
I am now involved with fitness modeling, competing in figure competitions and I have the energy to do so much more then what I used to have.
What motivates you currently to keep improving yourself?
My motivations comes from the encouragement that I give others. I feel like I am held accountable now. Hey! I have an image to uphold NOW!
Anything else you would like to share?
Yes. Your body is a block of ICE! You can melt away fat and sculpt it the way YOU want to. Only you can dot this. Be true to yourself get to know yourself and figure out your weakness and your strengths and play off of them.
How can people contact you?
Email me at email@example.com.